"A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."
~George Moore

Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2001

As I sit at home on this peaceful Sunday evening, I cannot help but remember the tragedy that struck 10 years ago today. I sat in a fifth grade classroom completely unaware that the lives of everyone in America had been changed forever. Even when I returned home that evening and my parents told me what was happening and I was allowed to watch the coverage, I was still unaware of the severity of the situation. Not only were 2,977 lives lost in the World trade center, the pentagon, and the 4 flights, but the number of lives lost since then in war is astonishing.

The numbers, however, are not even the most important part. Every single one of those people had families who suffered such a tragic loss. These families woke up that morning thinking it was going to be a day like any other. Little did they know they would never see their loved ones again. My heart goes out to the families of all those who lost their loved ones September 11, 2001, as well as all the military families who have lost soldiers in the war following the 911 attacks.

Watching the lives coverage from 10 years ago still sends chills down my spine. We will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment